Wednesday, April 15, 2009

If it makes you happy...

I won't lie to you- the view from my 16th floor apartment is pretty damn dope! I have a clear shot of downtown Honolulu and can see a smidgen of the Pacific. To my left is the mountain and right below is the super deluxe, kick-ass CP eternity pool complete with jacuzzi and private cabanas. And while many of you are probably cursing the day i was born, wishing to trade places with me in a heartbeat...i can assure you that if you're anyone from the east coast that I'm most likely wishing I were you. 

It's a funny thing to want what you've had or long for what you don't. The sad part of it all is not wanting what you've got. And if this all sounds vaguely familiar..why, yes- I'm plagiarizing a Sheryl Crow song. But the girls' got a point! It's a lot easier to wish we were someplace, somewhere, or something else instead of living in the moment. Certain things like time, death, and taxes we will posses little control over. But the view, YOUR view is something that's all your own. And from where I stand, i've come to realize... oh forget it! I change my mind- i don't wish i were you! But hey- i still want to know, what's outside your window? Can i come and take a closer look? Do tell...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment