Thursday, April 23, 2009

Homey don't play that!

A recent run in with an obnoxious droid has me re-evaluating my modus operandi. I play by the  pay it forward school of thought in hopes that when I'm stuck between a gorilla and his wing man that my retribution comes in the form of a brutey 6'4 Samoan ready to beef. The spirit of give and take works for me knowing that a hook up is only 2 phone calls, 1 text message, or a facebook post away. 

What i find incomprehensible is the person that takes without the give and does so without the faintest flinch of a false eyelash. Completely void of human emotion and a persona that screams non grata makes me wonder if I'm missing something here? Does getting ahead mean screwing everyone in the back of the line? Does being at the top mean you've never seen the bottom? It's highly unlikely that I'll ever roll with the takers of the world but i rest easy knowing this...that they're probably the ones on the dance floor with the gorilla and his wing men! What's your MO? Are you a giver or a taker? Do tell...

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this blog. After years of doing things for this person(approx. 9 years, but whose counting), not once has she ever said "thank you" to me. I'm not asking for a grandiose gesture of gratitude, but a simple and plain thank you would have sufficed. No e-mails, text or even a quick message on my answering machine. Heck, that's what they're for in case "no one is home".
    In any case, I guess she crossed the line one too many times with me and I finally found the courage to confront her. She had the audacity to "play dumb" as if she didn't know what I was talking about. Come to think of it, was she playing dumb or just being her true self?..LoL... The "gorilla" she fetched to defend her arse wasn't 6'4" Samoan, but a 5'6" brute, all the same, who would protect and defend her for any reason even if she got caught red-handed robbing a bank.
    The only bright side to this story is that I've learned to accept her flaws and that I've learned one can never really and truly point out another person's flaws especially if they don't see it within themselves. I've decided to cut my ties with her and I am happier than I've ever been. The fact that they live thousands of miles out west is an extra boost.... :0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I'm going to say here: remember all the people you step on on the way up, cuz, their shit is what you're going to eat on your fall down! I like your 'pay it forward' technique. It takes longer and isn't always sexy (in fact, it almost NEVER is) but it's easier to live with yourself at the end of the day. One thing that never fails: what goes around, comes around. Send out good, and good will come back. For me, I'm hoping it'll come soon, dammit! :)

    ReplyDelete