Sunday, April 19, 2009

Every day is like Sunday

Today i spent an entire Sunday cooped up in my apartment with a barrage of LMN movies, hand fed my finicky puppy all 3 meals, and drank a healthy supply of D&D coffee. It was perfection. As you can see, the word "outdoorsy" least describes my personality. I'd be the last to jump at the opportunity to run a marathon or voluntarily camp in the woods without a bathroom facility or choose to go on a 2 hour hike 'just for fun'. Hands down, an invitation for coffee and dessert or better yet, a lychee martini at Nobu's will guarantee you the pleasure of my company. 

I've made my fair share of missteps with friends who were really just acquaintances and wasted a good amount of effort on things that were never meant to be. Through it all, what i have learned is an invaluable lesson in time management. When something aside from work, feels like work then it's apparently not worth the effort but loving what you do and who you do it with is truly the marker of time well spent. So, if i choose cable over kayaking or caffeine vs. a 5K run, then you know i'm doing exactly what i want to. Are you working when you should be playing? Who are you spending time with? Do tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment