Sunday, July 5, 2009

And another one gone...and another one gone- another year bites the dust!

I wish there were something comical or witty to say about my birthday but all that comes to mind are sarcastic quips about getting old, sagging body parts, and the loss of my 20/20 vision. So today, i won't even go there. Instead, i'll make this entry brief. 

In matters of my heart- there's nothing witty or comical to say about all the people who've made these past 36 years the absolute best life a girl can have! I used to think my birthday was all about me until i realized that i would be nowhere or no one without the people who have been there and done that with me. So to you...yes, and i mean YOU...thank you. Thank you for sharing in my adventures, for encouraging me to go the distance, and for wishing me yet another year of blessings. I am eternally grateful and humbled by the life that i have and for having you in it. My birthday wish for all of us can be summed up in the line below from one of my favorite songs. 

"there's no intentions worthy of mention- if we never try. So hang your hopes on rusted out hinges and take 'em for a ride." 29 by the Gin Blossoms

Happy Birthday, everyone!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment