Monday, May 4, 2009

L'eggo My Ego

These days when a confidence boost is in order, i find myself stumped on who, what, or where to turn. The trick with getting older is the ability to know your hand before you play it. When i want brutal honesty- I check in with my husband. If i need tough love, I put a call into my brother. And when feeling faint- I call on my girlfriends who indulge me with half truths and a shared love for alcoholic beverages. And yes, I've been to church, written sticky notes on my mirror,  and even worked on a psych unit with schizophrenics who make me appreciative of the little sanity i do possess. 

After much consideration, it occurred to me that an unhealthy balance of running on fumes and irregular maintenance to my ego has led to comparisons with the mentally ill and reaching far too often for the Grey Goose.  Although seeking advice provides a sense of instant gratification, it's gotten me thinking about whose voice i should really be paying attention to, and that's mine. In fact, what i'm hearing right now is that monthly facials are mandatory and a weekend getaway to the Four Seasons Maui is a must . Oh and one more thing, there's nothing wrong with a little vodka. What's your voice saying? Do tell...

2 comments:

  1. I hear you loud and clear, my dear. I think I might just have to name my first born Jack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's telling me to drink more and numb myself so i can forget about how insane the world is nowadays

    ReplyDelete