Monday, November 16, 2009

Isn't That Special?!

Through the years, I've learned to appreciate the unique qualities that make the people I love who they are. For example, my husband is fiercely competitive and confidently opinionated. My daughter- introspective and deeply passionate. My puppy- sweet, innocent, and genuine. And me, well- I guess I'm the black sheep of the family as jumping to conclusions and impulsive decision making seem to be some of my better known characteristics. I've never been a fan of "thinking things over" or answering questions with a maybe. If something feels right like, happy hour and buffalo wings - that's an automatic and ecstatic, YES!! But torturous and painful encounters like small talk with people I have nothing in common with or socializing with high school volleyball parents, tend to evoke a very spirited, HELL NO! I've come to a point in my life where I respect someones blatant avoidance of me verses them showing any hint of blatant fakeness. I don't do second chances and once lines have been crossed- it's safe to say that there's no turning back.

Most of the healthy social outlook outlined above comes after years of realizing that not everybody gets you and the few that try, are the one's worth holding on to. I feel extremely blessed for having at least 2 people and a dog accept and love me for who I am. And while I am fully aware that I've become a bit anti social and less enthusiastic about making new friends- I know it's because i've accepted being happy with what I have and who I am. God only knows when my circumstances will change...a book deal here, an Oprah appearance there, and possibly hosting my own tv show would be an incredible twist of fate. But regardless of if and when...i do know for sure that- I couldn't be happier. And you...what makes you so special? Do tell...

1 comment:

  1. Leslie ..the girl not to eff with ..i remember when i first moved in with Em & i would always be wasted everytime i saw you ..i got that he's not the type of person i want to be associated with vibe & i totally respected you for that because you let me know that i was doing wrong ..of course everything is in the past & we're adults now ..but i always remembered you for that ..opinionated & hot blooded ..don't ever change ..obviously your character has a huge influence on Cars & look what she's doing with her life ..on the road to being a well rounded young woman ..nothing wrong with a strong minded indepenent woman ..you're awesome ..eff those people that rub you the wrong way!

    ReplyDelete