Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ainokea

In a couple of weeks, i'll be heading back to Jersey for a mini summer vacay. Since relocating to Hawaii, my trips back east are jammed packed with places to go and people to see. I literally overbook my schedule and have been known to eat all three meals with different people, indulge in a late night cocktail, and then drive down to Atlantic City with my slots addicted mother and her fabulous Black Card. Personally, i have zero interest in gambling, however, room service and Presidential Suites at swanky hotels are more than enough to put my menial feelings aside. Like I always say...family first, right? Especially when little comp cards get you deluxe spa treatments and entrer' into celebrity chef restaurants. 

At the end of every trip while boarding the flight back to Oahu, partially hung over, completely sleep deprived, 5 pounds heavier, and feeling an incredible sense of satisfaction for sticking to the itinerary- I do always wish for one thing, and that's for more time. It's an incredible desire to want to turn the clocks back, add a few more hours, or stop it all together but time never seems to want to cooperate. So, while my method of triple booking does nothing to combat raccoon eyes and drinking copious amounts of wine for 5 days straight only further hinders the health of my liver, i figure this...I'll do enough sleeping when i'm gone but for now...I do what i like. What do you wish you had more of? Do tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment